Health & Wellness
Plan features include:
- Competitive, Comprehensive Plans
- Innovative Insurance Products
- Simplified Administrative Arrangements
- Online enrollment & ID's
- Insured online services including claim status
- Multi-Lingual Services
- 24 Hour Nurse Hotline
Each account has a single assigned coordinator that will work proactively to ensure that you and your participants needs are met.
Compass provides international students and international scholars with the information and resources needed to make educated decisions about health care and health insurance
Conditions related to change in surroundings or situation affects the health of many international travelers or individuals living outside their home country. Changes in the level of stress related to the new surroundings, educational pressures, changes in diet or environmental factors such as heat/cold/pollen often lead to fatigue, headaches and stomachaches. In a past study it was shown that international travelers were far more susceptible to stomachaches, anxiety, chest pains, headaches, depression, and insomnia.
The most successful methods of dealing with these issues are:
- Make sure you get enough rest. While you want to make the most of this new opportunity, be certain you get enough sleep.
- Seek support from peers. There is comfort in realizing others are experiencing the same feelings or symptoms. You may also find that their lifestyles or habits are more in keeping with what you are accustomed.
- Share your experiences with your organization or institution's counseling staff. They deal with these concerns daily and will have positive suggestions.
- If you are a student and have a Health Services or international clinic available, utilize them! – They are more familiar with the concerns and conditions of international travelers. If not, find a health care provider that has experience in treating international visitors and is sensitive to your cultural needs